What is LEAD 101?
By taking part in LEAD 101, our introductory two-day program, participants will:
- Learn about local education policy and how to effectively communicate on issues that matter.
- Be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and execution strategies necessary to win.
- Meet civic leaders, former and current elected officials, and other local voices who can guide you long after the program’s completion.
Who should apply?
LEAD 101 is open to any Denver resident (18 years or older) or any Denver Public Schools family member or educator who is passionate about public education. This program is a great opportunity for individuals who are dedicated to Denver, believe that every student should have access to a high-quality public education, and want to learn about how to be a more effective advocate for change.
Participants will be given a stipend for their time and have access to transportation and childcare supports.
LEAD 101 consistently revises its training materials to ensure participants receive the most up-to-date information and resources.
How do I apply?
Fill out the short application along one of these two timelines:
- Priority Deadline: Apply by March 31st to receive a decision by April 7th.
- Final Deadline: Apply by April 21st to receive a decision by April 26th.
Want to learn about other ways you can get involved with Denver Families? Let’s connect! Reach out to our organizing team at firstname.lastname@example.org!